Monday, July 16, 2012

Erm...hi?

Hi...Right now I'm glad that you can't see me, for you'd probably hit me. I'm going to do my best to post more regularly. No promises, as I'm about to start 8th grade, my first year in traditional school after 4 years of homeschooling. Things will be pretty crazy, but I should have lots of stories for you!

Also, although they will still be in a lot of my posts, the focus will not be solely on my brothers. To be quite honest, I'm running out of stories. I'm getting used to the role of big sister, and it's becoming a natural part of me. It's like asking someone to do a blog on oxygen. You've had it for quite a while and you have to think quite a bit before coming up with anything to say about it.So, this will just be my blog, and if my brothers do something funny, I'll probably mention it.

Summer has been fun so far. I love swimming, Fourth of July, tanning (or in my case burning to a crisp), and no school. But, surprisingly, I'm looking forward to school, more than just something to do after being bored for 3 months. I don't know what God has planned for this year, but I think it's something big. I was called to go back to public school (which I haven't been to since kindergarten, since I went to private school for a few years). It's nerve racking, but I know that this is God's will, so I'm gonna go with it and see where it takes me.

I went with my church to a camp that I've been going to for several years. The first year I went was with my aunt and her church, while I was still too young to be a student. I only got a glimpse of how awesome that camp was, and yet it was something I was extremely excited for in the years ahead. Last year was my first year as a student and I discovered so much. But, this year was different. I listened and heard everything so much clearer. I was called to be a worship leader someday while I was there, and realized a few of my gifts and a passion for music that I had no idea I had. It was one of the best weeks of my life!

Well, that's my ramble for the day. Just one more question: In this summer weather, what kind of ice cream is better, chocolate or vanilla? Leave your answer in the comments!

1 comment: